The profits of capitalists are not the surpluses extorted from labor, but are the result of the proper use of one’s capital, as losses are the result of the improper use of capital.
- What is profit?
- Isn’t the profit motive evil?
- Is there such a thing as an “excessive profit”?
- What happens when a company starts to make a higher profit in its industry, in comparison to other industries?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge higher prices than its competitors (“gouging”)?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge prices lower than his competitors (“dumping”)?
- What is the source of the capitalist’s profits?
- Don’t laborers have a right to a share of the capitalist’s profits, in addition to their wages?