The profits of capitalists are not the surpluses extorted from labor, but are the result of the proper use of one’s capital, as losses are the result of the improper use of capital.
- What is profit?
- Isn’t the profit motive evil?
- Is there such a thing as an “excessive profit”?
- What happens when a company starts to make a higher profit in its industry, in comparison to other industries?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge higher prices than its competitors (“gouging”)?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge prices lower than his competitors (“dumping”)?
- What is the source of the capitalist’s profits?
- Don’t laborers have a right to a share of the capitalist’s profits, in addition to their wages?
Help us defend your rights and ensure the future of this site.
This website has taken many hours of time and effort. If you have gained some value from this site, feel free to make a donation to support it by clicking the Donate button.
Donations will be used to improve the content and infratructure for this site, fund a video version of the Capitalism Tour, and fund a beautiful video documentary on capitalism.