If any business attempts to charge prices higher than the market will bear, he will lose all his business to his competition, since he cannot force his competition out of business. The businessman’s power is dollars — not guns.
- What is profit?
- Isn’t the profit motive evil?
- Is there such a thing as an “excessive profit”?
- What happens when a company starts to make a higher profit in its industry, in comparison to other industries?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge higher prices than its competitors (“gouging”)?
- What happens if a business attempts to charge prices lower than his competitors (“dumping”)?
- What is the source of the capitalist’s profits?
- Don’t laborers have a right to a share of the capitalist’s profits, in addition to their wages?