A Mother Teresa who hands them bowls of slop every day, so they can barely exist — or a genius like Bill Gates who creates a fortune for himself by helping others to create fortunes for themselves, i.e., “where the first feeds them for a day, the second helps them feed themselves.” Observe that it is the Bill Gates of the world (until recently) who are not allowed to exist in India — and the Mother Teresas who are.
- Will labor laws banning child labor in non-capitalist countries put an end to child poverty?
- What is the solution to ending child-poverty?
- What about the poor under capitalism?
- What is welfare?
- Who is the poor man better off under Mother Teresa or Bill Gates?
- What is the solution to poverty?
- What of those who cannot help themselves under capitalism?