The argument made by advocates of campaign finance reform is that noble politicians are corrupted by ‘special interests’ who seek to buy favors through ‘lobbying’ and providing campaign financing. The government should restrict or eliminate such ‘financing’, and the state should finance all campaigns.
- What is the problem with these so-called ‘campaign finance reforms’?
- What is the essential argument made by advocates of campaign finance reform?
- What is campaign finance reform?
- What is the cause of the buying and selling of favors?
- What is the solution to the buying and selling of political favors?
- What about the ‘public interest’?