The burden of proof is on the immigrant – within reason – and the circumstances. However, once that burden is met, the government may not limit entry due to quotas, and other collectivist forms of immigration restriction.
- Is immigration a right?
- What is the government’s role regarding immigration and emigration under capitalism?
- Who is the burden of proof on – the immigrant or the government?
- Should government conduct “ideological profiling” of immigrants?
- Must not an immigrant speak a country’s official language?
- What about open borders versus closed borders?