Not unless it is in the immigrant’s rational self-interest to do so (and in almost all cases it is, but this is a choice which is left up to the individual). The key issue here in regard to the government is the right to free speech. Government’s job is not to mandate what languages one speaks, no more then it is to mandate the content of what one says.
- Is immigration a right?
- What is the government’s role regarding immigration and emigration under capitalism?
- Who is the burden of proof on – the immigrant or the government?
- Should government conduct “ideological profiling” of immigrants?
- Must not an immigrant speak a country’s official language?
- What about open borders versus closed borders?
Help us defend your rights and ensure the future of this site.
This website has taken many hours of time and effort. If you have gained some value from this site, feel free to make a donation to support it by clicking the Donate button.
Donations will be used to improve the content and infratructure for this site, fund a video version of the Capitalism Tour, and fund a beautiful video documentary on capitalism.