Justice, i.e., retribution. It is not primarily to discourage murder. Whether the death penalty prevents crime, or not, is irrelevant, or at best secondary. The issue is not one of prevention, but one of justice.
- Can individuals use force in self-defense?
- Does a man who murders another man have a right to life?
- What is the proper purpose of the death penalty?
- What is the danger of having a death penalty?
- In regard to the death penalty, how do we ensure that an innocent man is not murdered?
- Should drug dealers be executed?
- Under capitalism can the state prohibit the use of drugs?
- Don’t guns cause crime?
Help us defend your rights and ensure the future of this site.
This website has taken many hours of time and effort. If you have gained some value from this site, feel free to make a donation to support it by clicking the Donate button.
Donations will be used to improve the content and infratructure for this site, fund a video version of the Capitalism Tour, and fund a beautiful video documentary on capitalism.